What month is Pisces?
Pisces Sign Dates & Traits
Pisces, the twelfth sign in the zodiac, belongs to those between the dates of February 19th and March 20th. Learn all about the Pisces sign below.
Pisces Zodiac Sign Traits
Smart, creative, and deeply intuitive, Pisces can be close to psychic. Pisces feel things deeply, and have incredibly strong gut reactions. A Pisces «knows» things from deep within, and can often judge whether a person or situation is good or bad. That doesn’t mean a Pisces ignores the logical part of their brain, though. Deeply intelligent, Pisces have a profound respect for the power of the human mind. Is it a surprise that Albert Einstein was a Pisces?
Want a deeper look at your horoscope? Chat 1-on-1 with an astrology expert. Try it now. Click here and get 10 minutes for just $1.99.
Want a deeper look at your horoscope? Chat 1-on-1 with an astrology expert. Try it now. Click here and get 10 minutes for just $1.99.
Pisces signs are sensitive, and get along well in small groups of people. Sometimes, a Pisces may feel like they have an internal and external self, and they may need to spend a lot of time solo to recalibrate those two halves of themselves. A Pisces is rarely lonely when they are by themselves, and have an active imagination. Creative, Pisces love spending time reading, exploring or creating art or music, and understanding their emotions through art.
Those with the Pisces sign may seem quiet but they are incredibly strong and have a very strong sense of right and wrong. Their moral compass, along with their gut, guides them well. When a Pisces speaks up, people listen. Pisces tend to take in everything around them, and they are great people to ask for advice on pretty much anything. While Pisces has strong convictions about the best way for them to live, they have a «live and let live» approach when it comes to others, and are accepting and nonjudgmental of all.
Pisces in Love
Pisces in love is passionate, intense, and singular. A relationship with a Pisces is a roller-coaster ride that will make you feel your feelings—even the bad ones—and help you emerge as a better, more honest person. Even if a relationship with a Pisces doesn’t last, the lessons you learn from a Pisces partner will.
Pisces Friendship Style
A Pisces can feel like a great friend—until you consider how much you actually know about them. While Pisces are natural therapists within the Zodiac, they can be cagey about who they are, never revealing their full selves until they trust you—and sometimes, they may never reveal who they truly are.
Pisces Career, Money & Success Traits
Pisces’s greatest career strength: Detachment. Pisces can care passionately about a project, but they also know that success and failure are temporary. Learning to let go, let things flow, and that nothing can be guaranteed can allow Pisces to change course mid-stream, try new avenues to success, and let go if a career doesn’t seem to be working.
Pisces are amazing! Their name says it all:
P for psychic
I for intelligent
S for surprising
C for creative
E for emotionally-driven
S for sensitive
Pisces’ Greatest Gifts
A Pisces has a great gut and great intuition, which can guide them well, and help them make creative or intellectual leaps other people might not be able to see or consider. Deeply imaginative, Pisces can happily spend hours daydreaming, and are often just as surprised as the rest of the world when the pieces come together in an amazing way. Pisces don’t necessarily work the same way as other people do, and they may be able to get things done incredibly quickly. But it’s not that they’re that much faster than other zodiac signs. It’s that the time they may have been caught staring into space are times that are deeply valuable to them, and necessary for any creative process. The more a Pisces understands how they work and respects that process, the better they are.
Pisces’ Greatest Challenges
Pisces signs can sometimes spend too much time in their heads, getting overly wrapped up in a problem and assuming there’s no solution. Pisces are always one of the first signs to lend an ear to others, but when it comes to asking for help—especially emotional help—Pisces can sometimes wall themselves off, assuming that nobody knows what they are feeling and not even giving anyone a chance to try. Learning how to open up can be a huge lesson for Pisces. Of course, the fact remains that no one can read a Pisces mind. Pisces sometimes feels frustrated that they are seen as «more complicated» than their peers, and that feeling can make them act or seem defensive. Pisces needs to learn to let down their guard, allow people to love them, and allow for mistakes to be made.
Pisces’ Secret Weapon
The realization that life is so much more than what we see. Pisces sign is in tune with the magic of everyday existence and can find beauty in all situations, even ones that may cause tears. Recognizing these moments of beauty and being able to share them with others is what makes Pisces a creative sign, and is also what makes Pisces a soulful sign.
The 5 Top Reasons to Love Being a Pisces
- Your intuition is spot-on. No need to go on a date. You know that person is bad news from first look.
- Your playful sense of fun. It may not be as obvious as other signs, but you have a childlike view of the world that you can unleash, spending hours happily looking for shells with your kids.
- Your lack of judgment. What other people do is their business, but you’ll always take the time to listen to them and offer your thoughts and opinions—but only if asked.
- Your love of nature. You truly believe we are all connected, and you inspire people with the way you understand the rhythm of the seasons.
- Your cool factor. You don’t care if people think you’re cool—which makes you that much more impressive. You set trends, call the shots, and lead by example, and don’t even break a sweat.
Zodiac Signs: Learn The Names, Symbols, And More!
The word zodiac is used in astronomy and astrology to refer to the band of sky over which the sun, moon, and planets move—as seen from Earth, at least. The zodiac contains a number of constellations, and the sun (or other celestial body) is said to be “in” a constellation when it moves into the portion of the zodiac that includes that constellation. The zodiac can be traced back to ancient civilizations, such as the ancient Greeks and Romans, who believed the position of heavenly bodies could be used to predict the future. For them, astronomy and astrology were one and the same—which is definitely not the case anymore!
In astrology, a sign of the zodiac refers to one of 12 specific constellations of the zodiac that the sun passes through. A person’s particular sign of the zodiac is the one that the sun was in when they were born. It is a belief in astrology that a person’s personality can be predicted using their sign of the zodiac. According to astrology, it is also possible to predict the future by looking at the position of the sun, moon, and planets in comparison to the zodiac constellations. An astrological map of the planets and zodiac signs is called a horoscope; the word horoscope is also used to refer to a prediction of the future using such a map.
If this all sounds interesting to you, you’re in luck! We have gazed at the stars and charted the 12 different signs of the zodiac typically used in astrology. As a bonus, we will list the 2023 dates associated with each one, explain a little bit about the symbol of each sign, and give some astrological info about what each sign says about a person’s personality.
Please note, these dates may vary slightly from year to year due to the timing of the spring equinox each year. Consult an official chart to see where the dates land each year.
✨Zodiac chart for 2023
(in emoji form)
|Capricorn||♑||December 20 (2022) – January 19|
|Aquarius||♒||January 20– February 17|
|Pisces||♓||February 18 – March 19|
|Aries||♈||March 20 – April 19|
|Taurus||♉||April 20 – May 20|
|Gemini||♊||May 21 – June 20|
|Cancer||♋||June 21 – July 22|
|Leo||♌||July 23 – August 22|
|Virgo||♍||August 23 – September 22|
|Libra||♎||September 23 – October 22|
|Scorpio||♏||October 23 – November 21|
|Sagittarius||♐||November 22 – December 21|
Capricorn | the Goat
- 2023 Dates: The dates of Capricorn begin in December and end in January. This means that the 2022–2023 Capricorn season was December 21, 2022 until January 19, 2023. The 2023–2024 Capricorn season begins on December 22 and continues into 2024.
- Symbol: ♑ The symbol of Capricorn is said to represent a sea goat, a mythical creature said to be half-goat and half-fish.
- Characteristics: On the plus side, Capricorns are said to be tenacious and pragmatic. At the same time, Capricorns are said to be sticklers for the rules and ferocious when upset.
During the Capricorn season of 2023, the planet Mercury will experience its first of four retrogrades, a period during which Mercury appears to move backwards in the sky. According to astrology, the Mercury retrograde is a time of great frustration and confusion when it is hard to get anything done. The first retrograde will last from December 19, 2022 until January 18, 2023. The last 2023 retrograde will also happen in December, when it begins on December 13.
Aquarius | the Water Bearer
- 2023 Dates: Begins January 20 and ends February 17.
- Symbol: ♒ The squiggly lines of the Aquarius symbol are said to represent water.
- Characteristics:Aquarians are said to be assertive and creative. Aquarians are also said to be impulsive loners.
Pisces | the Fishes
- 2023 Dates: Begins February 18 and ends March 19.
- Symbol: ♓ The symbol of Pisces is thought to represent two fish tied together by a rope swimming in opposite directions.
- Characteristics: A stereotypical Pisces is said to be an adventurous, compassionate person who may get a little too anxious or needy.
Aries | the Ram
- 2023 Dates: Begins March 20 and ends April 19.
- Symbol: ♈ The symbol of Aries is said to represent the head of a ram.
- Characteristics: The rams of Aries are said to be confident and fiery people. However, they may butt heads with others because they are infamously impatient and honest with their opinions.
There’s no reason to be sheepish when it comes to learning about Aries because we have a great definition of Aries and an in-depth look at the sign of Aries.
Taurus | the Bull
- 2023 Dates: Begins April 20 and ends May 20.
- Symbol: ♉ The circle with horns symbol of Taurus is said to represent the head of a bull.
- Characteristics:Taurus bulls are said to be loyal and persistent. At the same time, these bulls are often stereotyped as being lazy and, appropriately, bullheaded.
The second Mercury retrograde begins in Taurus season on April 21 and lasts until May 14. Additionally, the first of two total lunar eclipses in 2023 will occur on May 5–6. In astrology, a lunar eclipse is a sign of great change or major events.
If you want to learn a lot more about Taurus, take the bull by the horns and check out our definition of Taurus and our in-depth look at the sign of Taurus.
Gemini | the Twins
- 2023 Dates: Begins May 21 and ends June 20.
- Symbol: ♊ The symbol of Gemini is the Roman numeral for the number two, representing the Gemini twins (two people).
- Characteristics: People rocking the twins are said to be highly intelligent and sociable. On the other hand, they are also said to be superficial and indecisive.
Cancer | the Crab
- 2023 Dates: Begins June 21 and ends July 22.
- Symbol: ♋ The sideways 6’s and/or 9’s of the symbol of Cancer are thought to represent crab claws.
- Characteristics: The crabs of Cancer are said to be charitable people and loyal friends. On the other hand, they also tend to be blunt and are known to get … crabby when someone tries to get them out of their shells.
If you want to learn a lot more about Cancer, you need to get your claws on our definition of Cancer and our in-depth look at the sign of Cancer, and a guide to how people use the Cancer emoji.
Leo | the Lion
- 2023 Dates: Begins July 23 and ends August 22.
- Symbol: ♌ The symbol of Leo is thought to depict a simplified drawing of a lion.
- Characteristics: Leo lions are said to be proud and brave while sometimes getting a little too arrogant or competitive.
We’d be lyin’ if we said we didn’t know anything about Leo because we have an awesome definition of Leo, an in-depth look at the sign of Leo, and a guide to how people use the Leo emoji.
Virgo | the Maiden
- 2023 Dates: Begins August 23 and ends September 22.
- Symbol: ♍ The curly M of Virgo has many theories behind it. Some common guesses are that the symbol is an M for maiden, represents a virgin with crossed legs, or depicts human intestines.
- Characteristics:Virgos are said to be diligent and organized. At the same time, Virgos are said to be overly critical perfectionists who tend to worry a lot.
Virgo season will see our third Mercury retrograde of 2023 that begins on August 23 and ends on September 15.
Libra | the Scales
- 2023 Dates: Begins September 23 and ends October 22.
- Symbol: ♎ The symbol of Libra is said to depict either a setting sun or a pair of scales.
- Characteristics:Libra is famously the sign of clever extroverts. These social butterflies are also said to be vain and hate making tough decisions.
If you weighed the pros and cons of learning about Libra, you’d know you can’t miss our definition of Libra, our in-depth look at the sign of Libra, and our guide to how people use the Libra emoji.
Scorpio | the Scorpion
- 2023 Dates: Begins October 23 and ends November 21.
- Symbol: ♏ The symbol of Scorpio is said to represent a scorpion.
- Characteristics: The scorpions of Scorpio are said to be magnetic thrill-seekers. Scorpios are also often said to be envious and fascinated by the macabre.
Scorpio will host the second lunar eclipse of 2023, which occurs October 28–29.
You don’t need to brave a den of scorpions to learn about Scorpio. All you need to do is check out our definition of Scorpio, our in-depth look at the sign of Scorpio, and our guide to how people use the Scorpio emoji.
Sagittarius | the Archer
- 2023 Dates: Begins November 22 and ends December 21.
- Symbol: ♐ The symbol of Sagittarius is an arrow with a line through it, representing a bow and arrow.
- Characteristics:Sagittarians are said to be highly independent adventurers who are always full of imagination. On the flip side, they are also said to be blunt and impatient.
Ophiuchus | the Serpent-Bearer
Ophiuchus is an astrological constellation known as “the Serpent-Bearer.” Like many other constellations, Ophiuchus isn’t typically considered to be one of the signs of the zodiac. However, a few astrologers do consider Ophiuchus to be a 13th sign of the zodiac as the sun does pass through it during the year. If it is considered part of the zodiac, it would be placed before Sagittarius as the sun typically passes through Ophiuchus from late November until mid December. If you’d like to know more about Ophiuchus and how NASA once accidentally caused an astrological controversy about it, you can check out our profile of Ophiuchus.
Take the quiz!
Has this review of the zodiac signs left you seeing stars? Then visit our Zodiac Word List where you can test your knowledge of these words with flashcards and more. Or, if your horoscope says there is a bright challenge in your future, head over to our quiz on the zodiac!
Zodiac signs: months, dates and order
These twelve signs are divided into four elements : fire, earth, air and water. Each sign being subdivided into 3 parts that we call decan.
What Are The Dates for every Star Sign? Whats is my zodiac sign? What is January zodiac?
Zodiac signs and dates
The zodiac year starting at the spring equinox, we have listed the twelve signs of the zodiac by respecting the order of the astrological houses. Aries (March 21 — April 20) is the first sign of the zodiac and Pisces (February 19 — March 20) the last. A month-by-month summary table is available at the bottom of the page.
|Aries||March 21 — April 20||♈||Fire|
|Taurus||April 21 — May 20||♉||Earth|
|Gemini||May 21 — June 21||♊||Air|
|Cancer||June 22 — July 22||♋||Water|
|Leo||July 23 — August 22||♌||Fire|
|Virgo||August 23 — September 22||♍||Earth|
|Libra||September 23 — October 22||♎||Air|
|Scorpio||October 23 — November 22||♏||Water|
|Sagittarius||November 23 — December 21||♐||Fire|
|Capricorn||December 22 — January 20||♑||Earth|
|Aquarius||January 21 — February 18||♒||Air|
|Pisces||February 19 — March 20||♓||Water|
|Dates, symbols and elements of the 12 zodiac signs sorted by order of the astrological houses.|
Infographic of the twelve astrological signs of the zodiac:
names, dates and symbols
Our infographic lists the twelve astrological signs of the zodiac. We have specified the start and end dates of each sign as well as the symbols (simplified representations of the constellations) associated with them.
Zodiac signs month by month
The table below lists the signs of the zodiac month by month according to their order of appearance in the annual calendar.
|Month||Zodiac sign starting the month||Zodiac sign ending the month|
|The order of appearance of the astrological signs in the annual calendar is therefore as follows: Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius.|
Astrological sign of the zodiac and decan
In astrology each of the twelve signs of the zodiac is divided into 3 decans. Knowledge of the decan helps to strengthen or qualify the characteristics of a zodiac sign.
|Zodiac sign||1st decan||2nd decan||3rd decan|
|Aries||March 21 to March 30||March 31 to April 9||April 10 to April 20|
|Taurus||April 21 to April 30||May 1 to May 10||May 11 to May 20|
|Gemini||May 21 to May 31||June 1 to June 10||June 11 to June 21|
|Cancer||June 22 to July 1||July 2 to July 11||July 12 to July 22|
|Leo||July 23 to August 1||August 2 to August 12||August 13 to August 22|
|Virgo||August 23 to September 3||September 4 to September 13||September 14 to September 22|
|Libra||September 23 to October 2||October 3 to October 13||October 14 to October 22|
|Scorpio||October 23 to November 2||November 3 to November 12||November 13 to November 22|
|Sagittarius||November 23 to December 2||December 3 to December 12||December 13 to December 21|
|Capricorn||December 22 to December 31||January 1 to January 10||January 11 to January 20|
|Aquarius||January 21 to January 30||January 31 to February 9||February 10 to February 18|
|Pisces||February 19 to February 29||March 1 to March 10||From March 11 to March 20|
|Summary table of the dates of the three decans for each zodiac sign.|
Zodiac signs sorted by element
The twelve signs of the zodiac are classified into four elements: Fire, Earth, Air and Water. Each element includes 3 signs which you will find in the table below. For more information ( months, dates and decans) we invite you to click on the zodiac sign of your choice.
Page updated March 26, 2023