Mengapa Volvo S60 saya mencium bau plastik terbakar?
Taking care of your car at all times is the best thing you can do. Nevertheless standard routine service is supposed to keep your Volvo S60 running smoothly with time, some unforeseen breakdowns can add heavily to your annual motor vehicle budget. Today we’re going to focus on your sense of smell, and the clues it can give you about a possible breakdown, that’s why our team has made this content page to help you in case you identify a burnt plastic smell originating from your Volvo S60 . Untuk membantu Anda memeriksa apakah itu tidak parah, pertama kami akan merinci berbagai hal yang dapat membuat bau plastik terbakar pada kendaraan bermotor Anda, kemudian, pada langkah kedua, how to find the cause of this burnt plastic smell on your Volvo S60? .
The different possible origins and risks of smell of burnt plastic on a Volvo S60
Jadi kami memulai konten artikel kami dengan different possible origins of burnt plastic smell on a Volvo S60 . Generally, noticing a plastic or rubber smell is hardly ever a good sign. In actual fact, modern vehicles are full of it and it could be the sign of a critical breakdown. Below we will review the different possible origins of burnt plastic smell:
- Oli transmisi: This is the most important possible origin of such an odor. In actual fact, the function of gear or transmission oil is to lubricate the different components of your gearbox so that all the gears and pinions are not broken, it as well has a second function as a temperature regulator. Nevertheless, in the long run, the oil will lose its effectiveness and will not lubricate the auto parts and regulate the temperature as well, which will trigger the oil to overheat and thus give off that burnt plastic smell on your Volvo S60. You risk pre-wearing your gearbox if you don’t take care of it.
- Sabuk aksesori: Nevertheless rarer, it is possible with wear and tear that your belt, which is principally done of rubber, will degrade and no longer rotate entirely on its axis. With the friction that this will trigger the plastic will heat up and burn out, this reaction will generate a strong smell of burnt plastic or rubber in the engine unit block of your Volvo S60.
- Keausan selang yang salah: This case arises especially on Volvo S60 that are starting to get a few years old or that have stayed a long time without rolling. In reality, storing your vehicle unlike what you might believe will trigger the plastic auto parts to wear out more quickly. Hoses are the first to be affected by this phenomenon. The rubber will disintegrate little by little and with the rise in heat of the fluid that circulates in it, it might melt. The risk of this issue is the breakage of the accessory belt.
- Sebuah komponen tubuh: Less general, especially present on Volvo S60’s that have suffered a small shock. Following a front or rear impact, wheel arches, bumpers or other plastic body auto parts that might have been bent might rub against one of your wheels and give off that burnt plastic smell. This may as well pre-wear out your tyres.
How to find out where the smell of burning plastic comes from on a Volvo S60?
Dan sekarang, untuk menyelesaikan halaman konten kami, kami akan mencoba membantu Anda find the origin of the smell of burnt plastic on your Volvo S60 . Now that you know the different possible origins of this smell, we’ll just have to do some checks to eliminate the tracks that don’t concern you and resolve your problem quickly. If your Volvo S60 smells hot, don’t think twice to go through our content page on this topic.
- Transmission oil: Nothing could be easier, open your transmission oil cap (when cold) and check that your oil is reddish in colour and fluid enough. If you find out debris inside, and it is darker, it’s time to change it. Do not think twice to consult our content page to find out how to change the gearbox oil on a Volvo S60.
- Sabuk Aksesori: Periksa secara visual apakah sabuk aksesori Anda tidak dalam kondisi buruk, mungkin juga menghasilkan suara siulan jika dalam kondisi buruk. Jangan berpikir dua kali untuk mengubahnya.
- Selang: Untuk selang, Anda perlu memeriksa semua selang Anda secara visual untuk mengetahui apakah ada yang robek atau meleleh. Jika ini masalahnya, ganti mereka.
- Body auto parts: Last but not least, the last element that can trigger the smell of plastic or burnt rubber on your Volvo S60, a body component, check all wheel arches, that no component rubs against
Jika Anda memiliki pertanyaan tambahan tentang Volvo S60, jangan ragu untuk berkonsultasi dengan kategori Volvo S60 kami.