Mengapa Volvo Xc40 saya mencium bau plastik terbakar?
Taking care of your car on a regular basis is the best thing you can do. Although conventional routine service is supposed to keep your Volvo Xc40 running smoothly over time, some unpredicted breakdowns can add heavily to your annual car budget. In this article we’re going to focus on your sense of smell, and the clues it can give you about a possible breakdown, that’s why our team has made this article to help you in the event that you identify a burnt plastic smell originating from your Volvo Xc40 . Untuk membantu Anda memeriksa apakah itu tidak parah, pertama-tama kami akan menguraikan berbagai hal yang dapat membuat bau plastik terbakar pada mobil Anda, kemudian, pada langkah kedua, how to discover the cause of this burnt plastic smell on your Volvo Xc40? .
The different possible roots and risks of smell of burnt plastic on a Volvo Xc40
Jadi kami memulai artikel kami dengan different possible roots of burnt plastic smell on a Volvo Xc40 . Secara umum, memperhatikan bau plastik atau karet bukanlah pertanda baik. Jelas, mobil baru-baru ini penuh dengan itu dan itu bisa menjadi tanda kerusakan besar. Di bawah ini kami akan meninjau berbagai kemungkinan asal bau plastik yang terbakar:
- Oli transmisi: This is the main possible origin of such an odor. Obviously, the objective of gear or transmission oil is to lubricate the different components of your gearbox so that all the gears and pinions are not damaged, it also has a second objective as a temperature regulator. However, in the long run, the oil will lose its efficiency and will not lubricate the parts and control the temperature as well, which will bring about the oil to overheat and thus give off that burnt plastic smell on your Volvo Xc40. You risk pre-wearing your gearbox if you don’t take care of it.
- Sabuk aksesori: Although rarer, it is possible with wear and tear that your belt, which is principally made of rubber, will deteriorate and no longer rotate totally on its axis. With the friction that this will bring about the plastic will heat up and burn out, this reaction will create a strong smell of burnt plastic or rubber in the engine unit block of your Volvo Xc40.
- Keausan selang yang salah: This case arises especially on Volvo Xc40 that are starting to get a few years old or that have stayed a long time without rolling. In fact, storing your car contrary to what you might presume will bring about the plastic parts to wear out more fairly quickly. Hoses are the first to be impacted by this phenomenon. The rubber will disintegrate little by little and with the rise in heat of the fluid that circulates in it, it might melt. The risk of this issue is the breakage of the accessory belt.
- Sebuah komponen tubuh: Less general, especially present on Volvo Xc40’s that have suffered a small shock. Following a front or rear impact, wheel arches, bumpers or other plastic body parts that might have been bent might rub against one of your wheels and give off that burnt plastic smell. This may also pre-wear out your tyres.
How to identify where the smell of burning plastic originates from on a Volvo Xc40?
Dan sekarang, untuk menyelesaikan artikel kami, kami akan mencoba membantu Anda discover the origin of the smell of burnt plastic on your Volvo Xc40 . Now that you know the different possible origins of this smell, we’ll just have to do some checks to get rid of the tracks that don’t concern you and fix your issue quickly. If your Volvo Xc40 smells hot, don’t hesitate to read our article on this topic.
- Transmission oil: Nothing could be simpler, open your transmission oil cap (when cold) and check that your oil is reddish in colour and fluid enough. If you discover debris inside, and it is darker, it’s time to change it. Do not hesitate to seek advice from our article to identify how to change the gearbox oil on a Volvo Xc40.
- Sabuk Aksesori: Periksa secara visual apakah sabuk aksesori Anda tidak dalam kondisi buruk, mungkin juga mengeluarkan suara siulan jika dalam kondisi buruk. Jangan ragu untuk mengubahnya.
- Selang: Untuk selang, Anda perlu memeriksa semua selang Anda secara visual untuk mengetahui apakah ada yang robek atau meleleh. Jika ini masalahnya, ubahlah.
- Body parts: Last but not least, the last element that can bring about the smell of plastic or burnt rubber on your Volvo Xc40, a body component, check all wheel arches, that no component rubs against
Jika Anda ingin lebih banyak tutorial tentang Volvo Xc40, buka kategori Volvo Xc40 kami.